It often happens that a business owner decides to sell his company to a family member, an employee, a foreign buyer, a local competitor, a group of employees (e.g., via the cooperative model) or a combination of these options.
Our mergers and acquisitions team assists both business sellers and buyers through all stages: from the planning to the transaction. Throughout the process, we review the options available to our clients in order to guide them to the most optimal choice
The services that we offer in the field of mergers and acquisitions include:
- Planning from the beginning to reduce the tax consequences;
- Drafting of preliminary contracts, such as confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, offers to purchase, etc.
- Advice on Labour and Employment Law, particularly regarding the obligation to retain employees after the transaction;
- Due diligence, including documentary analysis (often via a confidential virtual data room) and negotiations;
- Closing of the transaction and post-closing.