Alepin Gauthier Avocats et Notaires, founded in 1978, is a multidisciplinary firm located in Laval and Montreal with more than 45 lawyers and notaries.
As the firm is expanding, we are looking for a tax lawyer junior ready to join the team.
Among our team of lawyers is a senior tax lawyer who will act as a mentor to the successful candidate.
The junior tax lawyer will see to:
- Tax planning;
- Corporate planning;
- Work in files in tax litigation;
- Advisory role for companies (acquisition, investment, merger, etc.);
- Financial arrangement of various projects;
- Assistance in the drafting of certain acts that may be subject to a tax audit (tax declaration );
- Ensuring the tax and legal security of the various customer transactions and operations;
- Research in order to always be up to date with the evolution of tax laws and regulations;
- Perform all other related tasks.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Specialized graduate diploma (DESS) in taxation;
- Be a member in good standing of the Barreau du Québec;
- Have to your credit: 1 to 5 years of experience in taxation;
- Proficiency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Positive attitude with clients and members of the firm;
- Have a sense of resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Have a sense of thoroughness and discretion;
- Ability to manage stress well and meet internal deadlines;
- Rigour, meticulousness and dedication to the task;
- Strong analytical skills.