Alepin Gauthier Avocats et Notaires is a multidisciplinary firm located in Laval with more than 45 lawyers and notaries.
Among the team of lawyers is also an accounting team, led by a senior CPA, our director of financial services who will act as a mentor to successful candidates.
As the firm is expanding, we are looking for one (1) candidate who is ready to join the team.
The junior CPA will see to:
- Assist the Director of Financial Services in matters of strategy;
- Monitor the list of accounts receivable on a daily basis;
- Inform management, lawyers and notaries of files that must be transferred to the accounts receivable collection department;
- Follow up on customer questions;
- Collect any overdue accounts and establish payment arrangements;
- Preparation of internal statistics (eg tables of annual evaluations, objectives of our lawyers, preparation of various tables and calculations of the achievement of financial targets for lawyers, quarterly bonuses, analyzes relating to different segments of the office, etc. .);
- Assist clients with accounting needs and work in collaboration with in-house lawyers;
- Perform other related duties.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Positive attitude with clients and members of the firm;
- Have a sense of resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Have a sense of thoroughness and discretion;
- Ability to manage stress well and meet internal deadlines;
- Rigor, meticulousness and dedication to the task;
- Strong sense of analysis.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hourly : From Monday to Friday